A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 23 July 2014

WOYWW #268

New look this week, I decided that as I have gazillions of photos on my pc, I'd have one as my blog background, for a change. Although you can only see parts of it, the picture was taken at St Nectans Glen, near Tintagel in Cornwall. An awesomely lovely place.
 Back to the reason for our being all together on Wednesday, our weekly visit to Dunnit Towers, at The Stamping Ground, with our gracious hostess, Julia for this weeks WOYWW.
Brace yourselves, here is the desk in mid-create:
No inks involved this week,and not a stamp in sight, just lots of die cuts and punched flowers. Two wedding cards for two people at work who are getting married next month.  Both couples are Polish, and they really prefer gold and white for their wedding cards, so  lots of both here. Mid way through assembling the flowers at the moment, the daisy like ones are a Heartfelt Creations Spellbinders die, called Delicate Asters. A lovely flower, but an absolute b****r to get it to cut. Doesn't cut through completely in my 'bug, even with the metal shim plate, it only works properly in the BSPro. Anyhow, after trail and error, and a lot of new swear words invented, I got it sorted.The small flowers are done from X-cut punches, two flowers layered up. Oh, and I didn't use the largest of the Aster die cuts, just the three smaller ones. A few other die cuts knocking about, the hearts are  Memory Box- two dies, Grand Heart for the base and La Rue heart that fits on top. Just. Almost fits more on the outside of the heart, rather than the edge, if you know what I mean. A bit fiddly to put together accurately, to be honest. Especially when its got glue on it. Bottom left corner are some doves, cut on the Silhouette. That's something else the Poles are fond of on Wedding cards. Everywhere else, assorted detritus, leftovers, and UFO's. So that's my offering this week, with a nice bit of sunshine through the window to boot. Those storms, eh? I think we had more thunder and lightening last week than we normally get in a whole year here. Most storms just seem to edge past us, I think mainly due to the Malvern Hills pulling them that way. Have a great week everyone, see you all later.

24 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Shaz lovely fun here this week... well done on persevering with those asters ..
.. and note to self never to buy them! cant abide something you need to faff around around with so very much! have fun finishing the cards :D Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x no number yet.

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz and happy WOYWW. It's great you've some ideas what people like on their wedding card, I find them as difficult and male cards to make. And the flower die cut thing.. grr I have a couple that don't cut through either - back and forth, back and forth thru the bug and add a thin layer more of card - I'm going to get hubby check out the bugs rollers. Have a great week Cheers RobynO#22

Bridget Larsen said...

I was going crazy trying to get to your first link LOL, love white on white cards and yours is going to be gorgeous
Bridget #3

Helen said...

I think I'd match you with the language but the results are worth it, hope you get the cards put together and I am sure they'll be appreciated. Have a good week. Helen 6

glitterandglue said...

Good morning, Shaz. Some lovely work going on there - those cards will be beautiful. How great that they will be cards the Polish folk will understand so well.
You got a real storm last weekend, by the sound of it... we certainly had rain - but not so much as you, and not a lightening flash in sight.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #10

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you are a good card supplier - the patience required! More stubborn I guess, because the new swear word inventions indicate that you aren't about to give up!! They are already looking beautiful.
As for the storms..heard one, rolled over and slept. Slept through the second completely. It's a skill!

Christine said...

These cards are going to be perfect - perfected with lots of bother!
Well done for persevering is all I can say.
Hope the rest of the cards are easier for you.
Storms .... just the one, soooo disappointing.
Bishopsmate #50

Winnie said...

That's a lot of flowers! Thanks for the heads up about Polish wedding preferences, as one of my Jane Auten group ladies from Poland is getting married on Fri and I have to make a card. I will use the color scheme!! Have a fab day! Winnie #45

House of Bears said...

Sunshine and flowers, what could be better.

The house of bears @ no. 56

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Shaz I thought I was on the wrong desk this week .... So white and pretty not that you don't do pretty but you know what I mean. Can't see the background on mobile so I will clack back later
Have a good week , my it's hot
Janet @13

pearshapedcrafting said...

First comment eaten by blogger! I think you are being very good not to have thrown things on the floor with this heat! Chrisx 42

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the action shot of your desk. Sorry to hear about the die cut woes. It sounds like you have persevered and made it through. The cards in progress look like they will be very lovely in the end and meet all the requirements. Have fun playing! Judy #71

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love the embossed background.

Sharon Madson said...

Shazy, thank you so much for already stopping around at my Blog. Those wedding cards are realy beautiful. What great work you do. Oh, and I like what I can see of your photo. I can't figure out how to change mine. I did it once, but can't seem to do it again! LOL Have a great Wednesday! :) #39

fairy thoughts said...

as you can see I popped back to see your photo, but a lot of it has been covered by the post and the side bars, buy it looks very green
janet #13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You couldn't get more different from Owen and Jen's card than that white and gold number!! But both are completely gorgeous and will be loved. Jen told me that after its been on the mantelpiece for a while, it is going in their special keepsake box :-)
Hugs, LLJ 12 xx
Ps. Gordon and Owen had an amazing time, Owen got to go at 40mph downhill, lol!!

Unknown said...

Glad the storms passed you by and you didn't suffer any of the damage I see on the news. I learned something about card making and Polish preference today! It was fun looking at all the flowers on you desk. diane #51

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That looks like a real labour of love, with all those component parts to assemble. Great idea to put one of your photos to good use as a blog background. We all have so many in this digital age that never see the light of day. Enjoy the rest of your week xx

Fiona #66

CraftygasheadZo said...

Your desk is looking fab, all those die cuts and shapes. I think there will always be dies that take many goes to cut, even in my Ebosser I've found that with some really thin dies. Thanks for sharing. Take care Zo xx 55

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

What a great window right by your workspace. There's lots of little things on your desk this week.

Have fun creating the wedding cards.

Happy belated WOYWW
Peace, Kay (65)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, love to see this card when it's finished. The background looks lovely and all those gorgeous flowers.
Happy crafting and have a good week, Angela x #44

Monica said...

I just hate it when dye cuts are not quite cut and I have to improvise. it only happens when working on something that is special. Love the desk
Monica 58

Chidkid said...

Perfect cards and your desk has such good light! Fab...thanks for sharing

Eliza said...

Hi I love your desk this week I had to zoom in and look a bit harder I think it is really called snooping. Love that embossed white background and your hearts are beautiful too, now I am intrigued as to how the card finishes up. I am sure it will be beautiful.

Sorry for not popping by earlier I am doing a desperate catch up now as time has been very thin for me this week. I do hope you forgive.

Thanks for visiting and sorry for being so late getting back to you.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...